Thank god I got Kristin Wong’s book, Get Money, in the mail this week. Because she pinpointed exactly where I am right now.
Next stop: Cursing myself. But Amanda Clayman actually did a pretty great job of helping me stop doing that. It’s been hard this week. Things are not looking that good. I made that $300 mistake with the flight, where I booked it under my first initial instead of my first name. This also cost me a lot of stress and 6 hours on the phone.
Then: I have $200 left on top of the money that’s in my account for my rent check. YNAB is hard! I’m still learning, and I somehow, in the fog of travel, performed my favorite magic trick that is turning money into not money. I have a $2,700 invoice for work I did in December, which I was told I would get the check for today. That check is not yet with us. (*checks email, sees that they sent the check to my old address and speak of it as if it will be sent (future tense) to the new one. Sends passive-aggressive email to please just paypal me the money for the love of god*)
- Earned last week: $375
- Saved last week: $0
- Personal Checking Balance: $800 (with a $795 for rent out in the world. Cash it already you hoes!)
- Business Checking Balance: $234
- Fuck Off Fund Level: $1,800. This is the first week I can’t afford to send in my $200. I can only have two weeks a year like this or I’ll fall short of my $10,000. Maybe I can double it up one week!
- Weekly wins: I really have done a good job of not falling into the shame spiral of hating myself for messing up. Just moving the f on.
- Look at all bills due this week: Phew, looks like none
- Update and review budget (I’m changing to YNAB): did it!
- Look at any social events where I might want to spend some of my Fun Money: I have to tell all my friends I’m in the danger zone and can do nada.
- Transfer 10% of money received last week: Done, because, you know, $0 received
- Transfer $200 to Fuck Off Fund: I can’t, wah!
- Transfer 20% of earnings to Tax Savings Account: $0
I can’t wait to read more of Kristin’s book and Get Money and Get My Shit Together.