I was so happy to be invited to talk with Amanda Abella. I was not excited to realize, as I drove home from a music festival, that our interview was NOW, as I drove home, instead of in two hours, because…TIME ZONES!
So enjoy this shit show. I can’t watch.
On this episode of Martinis and Your Money, I talk with the business bad ass Shannon McClay, telling her about my fall from Fuck Off Funder to Fuck Off Fundless.
Shannon’s Podcast Notes
- Cut down on non-essentials, don’t cut them out completely.
- Willpower Instinct – a book about the hidden factors about willpower and how having something be forbidden and bad is not helpful.
- When you cut out everything, often times you will go to the other extreme. It’s like yo-yo dieting.
- Unfortunately, the biggest way to build credit is by using credit cards. Credit card companies report to the credit bureau the most. You need to know how to play the game.
- Take the buffet of wisdom that is out there and apply what works best for you.
Kate Nesi is a wife, mom, podcaster, frugal finance writer, runner, photographer, and academic librarian. On this episode of her Lifelong Learning Podcast we discuss who should consider having an Fuck Off Fund, why one should consider building up such a fund, and how you can get started building your own.