Son of a trick ass bitch, I am here at the Silver Airways ticketing booth, trying to get to Key West, and as it turns out my reservation was made for P Perhach, not Paulette Perhach. Win: I was at the airport two hours early. Lose: The ticket agent told me that it will take 24 hours to re-issue my flight, It’s nearing an hour before the flight, and the last hour that I was supposed to spend giving my mom my full attention at a nice meal is spent with both of us on the phone, me snapping at her out of panic, and a Category 5 storm of self-hatred brewing in my chest.
You dumb fucking…
When are you ever going to learn to…
This is why you’ll never…
And I was feeling so good too, after a few days of hustling and networking at the writer’s conference here in Tampa. I’d met my goals, met 5 possible people who could license my writer’s kit, and an editor of Poets & Writers who offered me to send in a chapter of my writing book for her to review as a possible contribution to the magazine.
I’m so glad this writing thing is working out, because I’m terrible at everything else. This whole issue, all the stress, the time, the cost, is because I didn’t check carefully when booking my ticket. Sigh. I accept this wild creative mind. It is not always the easiest thing to go through the world with.
- Earned last week: $350
- Saved last week: $200
- Personal Checking Balance: $800 ($5 above the rent check that’s about to cash)
- Business Checking Balance: $291
- Fuck Off Fund Level: $1,800
- Weekly wins: Felt like a did a kick-ass job networking at the writer’s conference I went to
- Look at all bills due this week: T-Mobile
- Update and review budget (I’m changing to YNAB): Ugh kind of. Still struggling.
- Look at any social events where I might want to spend some of my Fun Money.
- Transfer 10% of money received last week: Negative.
- Transfer $200 to Fuck Off Fund: Yes
- Transfer 20% of earnings to Tax Savings Account: Negative. I’m totally screwing myself